Tuesday 23 February 2016

Buckaroo



Josh was bored and asked if we could play a game, so I told him to go to his toy room and pick one from his drawers. He came back with Buckaroo. We hadn't played buckaroo yet. I bought it for him for christmas as I wanted him to try some different games and thought this one would be a good start even though it is 4+

We took all the bits out of the box and I explained the rules to him but he wasn't paying much attention he just wanted to start playing. One by one we took it in turns to put the items on the horse until he flew back and we were left with a winner which unfortunately for Josh was never him (bless him). He lost every time and got really frustrated. I put it on the weakest setting but I think he was a little too heavy handed and leant too much on the horse which would make him buck. We did manage to add all the items at one point though and poor Josh still lost which as you can tell by the last photo he wasn't too happy about!

He has played a few times with my parents since, and still hasn't won a game but I am sure with more practice he will get the hang of it! When I was younger, Buckaroo was my favourite game! It's lovely to play it with him, and I really want to purchase some more games for us to all play together as he really love's sitting and playing a game with either Will, my parents or myself. It's so nice to see his competitiveness come out, and to watch him learn and take on new things. Kids really are like sponges at this age. They take in and absorb every bit of information.

Do you have buckaroo? Do you think it's a little young for a three and a half year old?


xoxo
Share:

4 comments

  1. Oh I love family games we love pop up pirate haven't tried buckaroo but it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love buckaroo! I think it's great for fine motor skills for younger kids but I understand the frustration when that mule kicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bless him! I hope he manages to win soon! I like to try new games out with the kids too as they can sometimes get stuck in a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buckaroo is one of Rio's favourites. Luckily he likes it when it chicks stuff off so he doesn't get too disheartened. Our current favourite is guess who though :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments! ♥

© Awaken Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig